1. whatever you do, don’t just show up at their house…they run around in their underwear just like we do.
2. don’t cheat on them. it may seem foolproof, but girls tell each other everything about everything. trust me, they will find out and you will be mud.
3. beware of every single male relative and all guy friends. any of them would kick your ass at the drop of a hat, and a lot of them wouldn’t even wait for the damn hat.
4. never miss an opportunity to tell them they’re beautiful.
5. don’t refuse to kiss in front of your friends. if they laugh at you, it’s because they’re jealous.
6. if they slap you hard, you deserved it.
7. don’t be afraid to touch them if you want to. if they’re going out with you in the first place, it’s because they like being in your arms.
8. if you don’t sleep with them, do not tell your friends that you did. 8.5 if you do sleep with them, don’t tell your friends that you did.
9. you can be dirty minded in private, really…most of them are not offended by it…
10. not all of them eat like birds, a lot of them can eat like whales.
11. most of them don’t mind paying half of everything, but they do discuss these things with their friends. realize that if you make your girlfriend pay half all the time, everyone will know about it and your friends will know you’re a pussy..do you honestly need all your money that much? be a man, pay all the time!
12. every girl should eventually get three things from her boyfriend- a stuffed animal, one of his sweatshirts, and a really pretty ring. even if it’s not a serious relationship.
13. make sure she gets home safely as often as you can. if you’re dropping her off, walk her to the door. if you aren’t dropping her off, call to be sure she’s home safely.
14. if a guy is bothering her, it is your right to beat the shit out of him.
15. if you’re talking to a female friend of yours, pull your girlfriend closer.
16. never, ever slap her, even if it’s just in a joking way. even if she swats you first, and says, “oh, you’re so dumb” or something, never make any gestures back.
17. go to a chick flick once in a while. she doesn’t care whether you enjoy it or not, it just matters that you went.
18. you’re dead meat if you can’t get along with their pets, parents, and best friends. be prince charming to their friends, mr. polite to their parents, and make sure to be nice to their animals.
19. don’t flirt with their moms…that’s just freaky.
20. don’t be freaked out by pms. it’s not gross, and it really does make them feel like shit, so be understanding.
21. if you don’t like the way they drive, you do it.
22. if you’re officially dating, and you’re introducing her to your friends, you’d better damn well introduce her as your girlfriend.
23. don’t stress where you go for every date. they really only want to be with you.
24. if they complain that something hurts, rub it for them without being asked.
25. girls are fragile. even if you’re play fighting/wrestling, be very gentle.
26. memorize their god damn birthdays. you forget her birthday and you’re basically screwed for life.
27. don’t marinade the cologne, but smell good.
28. don’t give her something stupid for her birthday or christmas or valentine’s day. it doesn’t have to be expensive, but it has to be meaningful. jewelry is always nice.
29. if you think the relationship isn’t going to last, don’t wait to find out. it will only hurt you more if you draw it out.
30. after you’ve been dating for a while, realize that they really have started to trust you. when you have a girlfriend who truly trusts you, you have a lot more responsibility, privilege and control than you would think. be careful with it, most guys would kill for that kind of power, and it can be lost in a nanosecond.
They’re just so nice to receive. Just the thought of someone thinking about you when they wake up, or waiting for you to wake up and talk to them is nice. It’s cute to know that someone wanted you to sleep well or wake up. It’s just a good feeling to, in a way, be looked over. It’s a nice feeling to know you’re in someone’s thoughts.
If you are going to fall in love with me, it’s only fair that you know what you are falling in love with. You are falling in love with my insecurities, and my obsession with trying to figure out what everyone thinks of me. You are falling in love with my immaturity, my constant need to feel loved and appreciated, my overactive tear ducts, my internet obsession, my tendency to be too clingy. You fall in love with my troubled past, and my hopes and dreams, and how I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. If you fall in love with me, you fall in love with my self-hate and all my imperfections and my perception that nobody could ever love me. But, you are also falling in love with the way my eyes will smile when I’m with you, the way I’ll text you in the mornings just telling you I hope you have a great day. You’re falling in love with the occasionally humorous and/or thought-provoking things I say, and the way I blush when people ask me about you. But to me, the most important thing will be that you are falling in love with me, despite my thinking that it is impossible.
some of these things dont apply.. but you get the jist.
Here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to stop dwelling. I’m going to stop watching the phone. I’m going to stop looking for you. I’m going to move on. I’m going to meet people. I’m going to live. I’m going to forget all the nights I spent wishing you were here. I’m going to forget the times that…
Who is JESUS? In Chemistry, He turned water into wine. In Biology, He was born without a normal conception. In Physics, He defied gravity by ascending to heaven. In Economics, He disproved the law of diminishing return by feeding 5,000 with only 2 fishes & 5 loaves of bread. In History, He has no beginning & no end. In Politics, He came to serve, not to be served. In Christianity, He's GOD, became man, died & resurrected to open heaven's gate for us.
I wish you would hurry. I may only be 18 but I want you here now. Just to let you know, I used to say I wouldn’t cook for my husband because I hated to cook. But now I cook at least 4 times a week. And it’s real food. Not microwaveable fake nasty stuff. Can I bribe you with food so you get here faster?
Date a girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. She has problems with closet space because she has too many books. Date a girl who has a list of books she wants to read, who has had a library card since she was twelve.
Find a girl who reads. You’ll know that she does because she…
Click on this link. This is the best thing I have read in a while.